About Me

My photo
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Hi: It's Merniebug here. Well actually it's Melanie but I answer to a variety of sobriquets. My mother had been reading Gone With The Wind at the time of my birth, thus, I was named Melanie. My friends call me Mel, It was my sister who coined the moniker Mernie when she was too young to pronounce Melanie correctly. It was eventually shortened to Mern. And then later when my nephew came along he called me Melwee because he couldn't pronounce Melanie either. Now my husband of thirty-four years is so confused he just calls me whatever comes to mind first. Actually I was Sweetheart until the day he realized the honeymoon was over. It was my cousin who added the bug to Mernie which is who I've always been to him and who I am on Splitcoast Stampers. So now that we've gotten past the odd name business, who else am I? I'm a child of the King, a wife and a mother to one grown son and five tailwaggin' fur babies. I am a retired interior designer, a rubber stamper, and a wanna be author who is just completing a first novel. I got into scrapping and rubber stamping to fill a creative void after retiring--it's less expensive than redecorating the house every year. LOL

Saturday, February 20, 2010

THINKING OF YOU...




I created this card for a challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers the other day.  In honor of Presidents Day we were to create a card that had something to do with one of our Presidents and I chose Abraham Lincoln. 

So to coin a phrase from fellow stamper and friend Da Muddermark,  Cindy Motherway, This is my story:
My mother and I were shopping in Hallmark about ten years ago when we ran across their version of this card.    It seemed innocuous enough, actually it seemed kind of boring.  And then we opened the card and fell apart in hysterics.  We were laughing so hard we practically had to prop each other up to keep from falling over in the aisle. 
 The card read as follows:



THINKING OF YOU REMINDS ME OF OLD ABE LINCOLN.
(Open Card)
DIDN’T YOU SCORE ABOUT FOUR TIMES SEVEN YEARS AGO?


Quote for today



Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt...Abraham Lincoln








No comments: