About Me

My photo
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Hi: It's Merniebug here. Well actually it's Melanie but I answer to a variety of sobriquets. My mother had been reading Gone With The Wind at the time of my birth, thus, I was named Melanie. My friends call me Mel, It was my sister who coined the moniker Mernie when she was too young to pronounce Melanie correctly. It was eventually shortened to Mern. And then later when my nephew came along he called me Melwee because he couldn't pronounce Melanie either. Now my husband of thirty-four years is so confused he just calls me whatever comes to mind first. Actually I was Sweetheart until the day he realized the honeymoon was over. It was my cousin who added the bug to Mernie which is who I've always been to him and who I am on Splitcoast Stampers. So now that we've gotten past the odd name business, who else am I? I'm a child of the King, a wife and a mother to one grown son and five tailwaggin' fur babies. I am a retired interior designer, a rubber stamper, and a wanna be author who is just completing a first novel. I got into scrapping and rubber stamping to fill a creative void after retiring--it's less expensive than redecorating the house every year. LOL

Thursday, December 9, 2010

ANIMAL CHALLENGE



13 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous image Mel. Your details on the challenge and how you made it have gone walkabouts. Lol!!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Crystal said...

Oh my Melanie that is one CUTE doggie...LOVE your coloring of this image...SWEET!

Diane said...

A real fun card, Mel and great colouring!
Diane x

Julie said...

Melanie,
Your card just makes me giggle looking at that dog. Great card.
Merry Christmas
Julie

KarinsArtScrap said...

ooooooooo this is cute what a fun image.
you have created a beautiful card melanie.

greetings karin

Tracy said...

LOL He just looks like trouble doesn't he. Really cute card Mel. :)

Karen said...

Great card Mel, fab colouring too.
xx

Dana said...

Oh Mel!! This is so special!! Your coloring is perfect and I just love your papers and embellies! And your sentiment is just toooo cute!!
I love it!
Hugs~
Dana

Judy said...

Hi Mel,

This is one of my favorite stamps, as it is my version of one of my dogs. You did an awesome job, and I just love that bow!

Hugs

Sara said...

So cute, love your ribbon and presents!

Grace said...

Hi Melanie! Oh goodness it was so good to see your smiling face on my blog!!! I have been MIA quite a bit on SCS lately! What a treat to see you today!!! I love your adorable pup and his cute little wink! Your coloring is great and I love this sweet card!

Enjoy a wonderful Christmas and very happy new year!!!

Jóna said...

Adorable card ! Great coloring !
Hugs, Jóna

Pickett said...

Hi Mel, This is one of my favorite stamps, as it is my version of one of my dogs. You did an awesome job, and I just love that bow! Hugs