About Me

My photo
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Hi: It's Merniebug here. Well actually it's Melanie but I answer to a variety of sobriquets. My mother had been reading Gone With The Wind at the time of my birth, thus, I was named Melanie. My friends call me Mel, It was my sister who coined the moniker Mernie when she was too young to pronounce Melanie correctly. It was eventually shortened to Mern. And then later when my nephew came along he called me Melwee because he couldn't pronounce Melanie either. Now my husband of thirty-four years is so confused he just calls me whatever comes to mind first. Actually I was Sweetheart until the day he realized the honeymoon was over. It was my cousin who added the bug to Mernie which is who I've always been to him and who I am on Splitcoast Stampers. So now that we've gotten past the odd name business, who else am I? I'm a child of the King, a wife and a mother to one grown son and five tailwaggin' fur babies. I am a retired interior designer, a rubber stamper, and a wanna be author who is just completing a first novel. I got into scrapping and rubber stamping to fill a creative void after retiring--it's less expensive than redecorating the house every year. LOL

Thursday, October 14, 2010

An Apple A Day

Our cards for Digi Doodle shop's blog challenge this week were to include a person and/or persons on our card.  I chose the Farm Boy with Apple for my image.  I sponged the sky with  a handmade template and the image was colored with Copics. 
RECIPE:
IMAGES: Farm Boy: Digi Doodle Shop, Tree: Alota Rubber Stamps, Grass & Ground Cover: Whipper Snapper Kittie Kit.
FENCE PUNCH: Martha Stewart
Embellies:  Ribbon,  Buttons



14 comments:

Crystal said...

This is soooo SWEET!!!!! wonderful creation!

Diane said...

I love this card, Mel - wonderful, vibrant colours!
Diane x

Tracy said...

Absolutely love the colors on this card and those button apples are so cute. This is really beautiful Mel. :)

Katja said...

Pretty card. Great coloring!

Greetings,
Katja

Julie said...

Gorgeous card! Love your coloring. We just finished picking apples from our tree and I canned a ton of applesauce.
Hugs,
Julie

Dana said...

Mel, what can I say? This is a dream. Your coloring, choice of papers, the extra apples on the side and your buttons??? Girl.. this is a work of art!
Hugs~
Dana

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful melanie, beautiful design.

greetings karin

Uma said...

fabulous colouring and papers

Judy said...

Hi Mel,

This is just fantastic hun! Honestly I feel like his over alls are just jumping off the page, and I totally am loving this LO and color cordinations. Super job hun!

Hugs
Judy

WeirdCat said...

Those apples look good enough to eat! Mmmm! Love the papers you've used and your stitching
Ruth x

Jóna said...

Adorable card, love all about it !!!
Hugs, Jóna

Shatam said...

This card is wonderful. I would like to color as you do. I'm speechless cause everything on your card is nice.

Anneke klerks said...

you have won the candy van chris
Gefeliciteerd

liefs anneke

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I just love this Mel!! What a fab scene and perfect dp! Your coloring is gorgeous!!

Congrats on winning my candy girl!! Please let me know your address so I can send it to you!!
hugs,
Chris